As winter approaches, it is time to prepare for cold weather. By following the instructions below, you can be comfortable in your apartment, and prevent any property damage.
- Close all storm windows (If you donít know how, call us and we will assist you.)
- Keep all hall doors closed.
- If you become too hot, turn the heat down a little. DO NOT OPEN THE WINDOWS. If you do not have a thermostat, call us and we will turn the heat down for you.
- DO NOT put plastic on the windows without letting us know, as you will be responsible for any damage due to tape, nails, or staples on the woodwork.
- If you are going to be away for more than one (1) day, call us and we will advise you about what you need to do to prevent pipes from freezing and breaking in your apartment. If this happens it can damage your personal belongings and our building. DO NOT TURN THE HEAT OFF & LEAVE! CALL US FIRST.
- DO NOT leave faucets dripping. We will let you know when you should take this precaution.
- When the temperature goes below freezing, leave your cupboard doors open under the sink in the kitchen and bathroom. This helps prevent pipes form freezing.
- If your pipes freeze, call us immediately so we can prevent the pipes from breaking. Remember, we must be notified at the first sign of freezing. If the pipe breaks, shut off the water at the shut off valve.
- NEVER, NEVER, use any electric heaters of any type. They are very expensive to run, and a VERY DANGEROUS FIRE HAZARD, as the electrical wiring cannot handle the load they need.
NOTE: If your rent includes utilities, some tenants may feel that because they are not paying for their utilities directly there is no reason to conserve.
The fact is that YOUR RENT IS BASED PARTIALLY ON THE COST OF UTILITIES. As our utility costs go up, so does your rent. If utilities are included in your rent, YOU MUST keep all windows, storm windows and doors closed.
TENANTS WILL BE CHARGED $ 25.00 PER DAY, PER WINDOW AND DOOR LEFT OPEN DURING THE HEATING SEASON. OPENING WINDOWS WHILE THE HEAT IS ON WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
IF YOU CONSERVE ENERGY, YOU WILL SAVE!
Call us at: ___________________