Lead Paint Poisoning

Children get lead poisoning when they eat bits of paint that contain lead. Older houses often have layers of lead paint on the walls, ceilings, and woodwork. When the paint chips off or when the plaster breaks, there is possible danger for babies and young children. Outdoors, lead paints and primers may have been used in many places, such as walls, fences, and porches.

Be sure to tell your family and any guests with small children about the danger of lead poisoning. Your child can be poisoned by eating paint, dirt, or other non-food substances containing lead. Some other items which contain lead include newspaper, pottery, furniture and even common household dust.

Since this building is an older building and has probably been painted with lead based paint years ago, we wanted to warn you of the possible dangers. Realizing this, and still wanting to rent this property from us, you hereby agree to hold us harmless of any possible problems which could result from lead based paint, and any costs involved in diagnosis and treatment of the same. This includes all people who will be living with you and those for whom you are responsible.

Tenant_______________________________________________________

Date____________________________

Tenant_______________________________________________________

Date____________________________



http://www.totalrealestatesolutions.com